Sunday, July 28, 2013

too many goodbyes

Well we leave tomorrow for Charlottesville, Virginia.  July 29th has been a date looming over my head for months, and I can't believe it came.  It completely crept up on us and ready or not... here we come. There have been too many goodbyes. Too many hard, sad goodbyes.
Goodbye to my piano students, most of whom I might never see again. They have turned into fine pianists over the years, and now I have to say goodbye and give my little friends and wonderful works in progress to another teacher.

Goodbye to Amelia, my two year-old best friend for the summer. I only nannied her for a couple months, but she quickly found her way into my heart. I looked forward to spending time with her and her mom Kristina every day. It was such a rewarding way to spend my summer days, and was definitely a way to get mom prep! Saying goodbye to her was a hard one, and it's safe to say I love this girl.


Goodbye to friends and family was of course the hardest. It is hard to leave the people closest to you. Your support group, your comfort, and your roots.  I know it's only until Christmas, but it's hard to say goodbye nonetheless. It is a new chapter of our lives, and in a way, things will never be the same. Good thing relationships are lifelong!


Our buds the Enslins and Jensens are also going away to school. The Enslins to Houston, Jensens to L.A., and the Bells to VA. Crazy that we are all on different adventures across the country.
We had a little going away BBQ at sugarhouse with the two fams. 
Goodbye to Grandma Joan was so sad. We will miss living with her. She has been so amazing to let us live with her, and we will never be able to repay her for all she has done for us. 

... and of course.... goodbye Rosie!

No comments:

Post a Comment