Friday, July 5, 2013

A Happy Fourth


The Fourth of July is by far Layton's favorite holiday. He says it even beats Christmas... (which I think is taking things a little too far.) I've always loved the Fourth, but Layton has definitely has opened my eyes even more to the greatness of America's birthday. Here is a list we came up with why the Fourth of July is the best (is Layton's opinion) and the second best (in my opinion) holiday. 

1. The heat. It's summer time and the weather is at it's prime! 

2. The festivities always include something with water: boating, swimming, etc. 

3. The food. Barbecue hot dogs, hamburgers, salads, etc is just relish!

4. The fireworks of course! I don't know about you, but I catch myself with my jaw open and a smile on my face every time I watch a firework show. 

5. Here is one I came up with. The expectations. All you expect on the Fourth of July is heat and fireworks... and you get it! Other holidays (Valentines Day) have expectations that are sometimes unrealistic, and leave you hanging. But not the Fourth! No matter what it's hot, and you will see fireworks. I guarantee it. 


We had such a great Fourth of July that started out with boating at Jordanelle. The air was warm, and the lake's water was a perfect temperature... nothing better!!



Then we had a BBQ at the Bells with everyone including little Sydney who just turned one. She loves Layton, almost as much as I do:) 



 We had a blast eating yummy food and playing badminton. I love my Bell sissies so much. 

Here are all five grandkids. Ages 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1!

 The Sugarhouse firework show was amazing of course, and we had a little after party at the Bells. 
 To top off the great weekend we went to the Bees game with my dad! What's more American than baseball? And eating a hot dog while watching baseball? And... churros, peanuts, and cotton candy.... Yeah it was pretty gross:) but oh so worth it
Layt and I made it on the kiss cam... one of our proudest moments as a couple! haha

We ran into Mika and Jimmy! Our faves. 







All in all, it was a successful fourth. We are proud to be Americans, and grateful for our amazing family and friends

1 comment: