Friday, February 14, 2014

snow day and v day

We had the funnest weekend as we celebrated Valentines Day, and got to stay home from school in work because of a snow day. Thank you snow! For once, I didn't dread a storm in February, but welcomed it... selfishly wanting Layton all to myself. 

And we had a blast! We went on a snowy walk up to the Rotunda and back, (a bit sketchy I might add,) ate yummy food, watched movies, and cuddled all day. 






For V Day I woke up to a note taped to my phone that led me on a scavenger hunt leading me to a bouquet of flowers! Little did he know that I had one planned for him as well:) It's a funny tradition we have, that we always do the same thing for each other on Valentines Day by accident! 

The first year he took me to a concert and I later took him to a Jazz game. The second year we both hand made sugar cookies for each other. And this year it was scavenger hunts. I hope next year is two beach trips??? Ha a girl can dream. 

We went out to dinner and just loved spending time together. I am so so grateful for my eternal valentine. He is the love of my life!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the way you make everything a fun adventure.
    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe I am just now discovering your blog. This is so cute girl. Can't wait to hang out with you and Layton this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks nat!!! glad you like the blog:) love yours too! and yes we are going to have a blast this summer. can't wait to see you this week!

      Delete