Monday, September 9, 2013

our new home

We love our little apartment. It has been so fun to decorate and set up a place that is finally ours. It has been funny to realize we need things like: salt, a stapler, power strips, and you know, just other things that make homes run.  It has been fun being a homemaker for our little apartment for two. I have had my weak moments... i.e. when I spotted the first cockroach. I screamed, got back in bed under the covers and called my mom, bawling. Am I ready for this? This... life thing?? Sometimes I wonder. Setting up the place took a long time. Longer than either of us thought. We dined in the finest place in Charlottesville with a gourmet meal a couple times...


Yep that is a laundry basket as a table. HA! But it has come together quite nicely! We got a rug, a kitchen table, and da da da DAAA! A PIANO!
Isn't she beautiful?


We are located close to the Law School, and Layton can walk to school every day. Tucked in right next to soccer fields, tracks, and the heart of campus. Since graduating college I have felt a sad and weird feeling that I would not be going back to school this fall. For the first time in my life! It helps to be a part of a college campus, to walk Layton up some lunch and be around students, and be in the mighty Virginia student section for football games. But still I struggle with the fact that I am done with school. Could I really have graduated? Am I that old and grown up? Haha the answer to that one is no, being the youngin that I am. But that's life for ya. Ending phases and embracing new ones. Completing goals and setting new ones. Now I am in a new place, working a couple jobs and unsure of my future in education. This is the time to soul search and decide what I want to do... Master's Degree? We will see.
As for Layton, I could not be more proud of him. Working and studying so hard in Law School, which is BRUTAL. I cannot believe what they put these poor students through. But of course he is handling it like a champ. I love hearing about cases and rulings, and different subjects of law.  I also love taking care of that boy, fixing dinner, and making him get outside to take a break. It is hard to be apart so many hours of the day, somedays I think I deserve a law degree too! But luckily there are plenty of girls here who are in the same boat.  It is a fun time of life. Being married, but not really settled down. Not knowing where we will be for the summers, or after he graduates. Feeling like the sky is the limit in where we could go! As long as we are together, I know we can overcome anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment